Day Seven.

In the past few days we have heard from Dipak that everyone is trying to transition back to "normal life" (if that is possible). They are trying to sleep inside the house again. I have not heard from Dipak since the most recent earthquake which happened on Monday. I am waiting to hear back from him currently regarding their wellbeing in the past few days.

I have been so dismayed to learn the status of many of the beautiful places I have traversed during my times in Nepal, and have felt the impact of grief around me as close friends suffered the loss of a dear friend in the earthquake. 

As my small contribution or attempt to "reach out my hands across the water and pray," -- a beautiful gesture of one of my close friends -- I am seeking to collect 40 prayers in 40 days in hopes that they will encourage anyone impacted deeply by this loss. 

If you have not already done so, please follow along with me in this journey on www.papercastle.ca. On this site you will see the tab "40 prayers for Nepal." Please e-mail me at papercastleart@gmail.com if you would like to send a prayer to this compilation...it would be so much appreciated. 

I am going through old photos and with new software, giving them a fresh edit job. It is a therapy for me to see this tranquil and beautiful country in the time before the earthquake took a toll. Here is a photo of Bandipur and prayer for today, submitted by a dear family member.


  

No comments: